Pastel Partner Intermediate
In the business and financial work environments it is requested from workers to be computer literate as well as having knowledge of computerized accounting. The purpose of this SLP is to enable learners to acquire skills in working with computer accounting applications. Therefore this SLP aims to send a worker into the business and financial work place that is a confident user of accounting computing tools such as setting a company up and doing the daily accounting processing.
27 JanuaryPastel Partner Intermediate
Session 1Mon 27 Jan 08:00 - Fri 31 Jan 16:00Ga-RankuwaGa-Rankuwa
- R1,739.13 excl. VAT
This SLP gives the participant a competency in computer literacy and compliments their accounting studies. Generally learners have to solve problems in the practical exercises in which responses display that responsible decisions have been made. Furthermore, they must also work effectively with others as a group in class. It is also expected from learners to take responsibility for their own learning, and to organize and manage themselves and their learning in a systematic way. To achieve the outcomes, learners are advised to make effective use of technology in communication with the lecturer and finding information.
Who Should Attend
Learners registered at TUT and have completed first year Financial Accounting will be allowed to register for the SLP. Students that are not registered at TUT, must have either completed Financial Accounting (first year level), or have at least 2 years’ experience in working with the finances of a company. Computer literacy will be a recommendation.
- Install Pastel Partner on individual computers
- Identify the different functions in Pastel using the Demo Company
- Create a new Company using Pastel Partner
- Complete the final setup of your company by running the steps of the auto setup
- Apply the Edit menu functions to maintain customer accounts
- Apply Edit menu functions to maintain supplier accounts
- Apply Edit menu functions to maintain accounts and inventory items
- Create and process supplier documents as part of your supplier processing
- Create and process customer documents as part of your customer processing
- Process payments and receipts in the Cash Book
- Complete procedures required for second month of trading
- Use the View menu to print/view reports
- Correct basic errors after processing took place
- Take on new balances in cash book and journals
One final online test (summative assessment) will be done after completion of all the modules and that is the only mark that will be used and printed on your certificate. However, case studies and practical exercises will be used in the class as preparation for the online test (formative assessment).