Entrepreneurship for the Arts, Cultural and Creative Industries
This programme is designed to provide capacity building in entrepreneurship, financial management, strategic planning, leadership, intellectual property management and practical instruction for starting and growing their small arts, cultural and creative businesses. In addition, it will offer a platform to help participants understand and fulfil the compliance requirements of specific cultural/creative sector financiers
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The purpose of the programme is to empower participants with the necessary competencies, such as knowledge, skills and values, to equip them for entrepreneurial and management responsibilities in a small arts, cultural and creative business; show them how to apply marketing concepts and principles relating to product, pricing, promotion and distribution strategies in the business; show them how to manage the operations of the business ethically, efficiently and effectively with respect to human resources management and production and operations management; and show them how to manage the finances and assets and evaluate the financial performance of a small arts, cultural and creative business.
Those seeking capacity building in entrepreneurship, financial management, strategic planning, leadership, intellectual property management and practical instruction for starting and growing their small arts, cultural and creative businesses.
Who Should Attend
- Identify and assess own business ideas/opportunities for a new venture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between costs, revenue and profits.
- Develop and present business, financial and/or marketing plans based on a budget for a new or existing arts/cultural/creative venture
- Identify alternative sources to secure finance for a new venture.
- Use knowledge of legal requirements to ensure compliance with legal and organisational requirements in an arts/cultural/creative environment.
|Fundamentals of Dressmaking and Sewing Skills||Register interest|
|Batik, Tie and Dye|
|Choir Management||Register interest|
|Footwear Design & Manufacturing||Register interest|